Law Enforcement Basic Sniper Course (OTOA Approved Course)
Knight Defense LE Basic Sniper Course is a 5-day Oregon Tactical Officers Assn (OTOA) approved course designed to teach the basic fundamental skills necessary to deploy as an LE Sniper on a Tactical Team. The course is designed and instructed by senior LE Snipers of Tier 1 level Tactical Teams that bring decades of real-world experience and instructional knowledge. The following topics will be covered in the course.
• Roles of deploying as an LE Sniper.
• MOA and Mils
• LE Sniper Weapons Systems, Optics, and other equipment.
• LE Sniper Use of Force.
• Use of camouflage, stalking, and hide sites.
• Observation and Communication.
• Range estimation.
• Ammunition selection.
• Data books and records.
• Cleaning and maintenance.
• Shooting fundamentals with multiple live-fire range days and use of force decision-making scenarios.
This course is both mentally and physically demanding, and all students will be required to pass a live-fire American Sniper Association qualification in order to complete the course. Students will need to the following equipment:
• Must have a precision rifle capable of sub MOA accuracy with quality optics.
• 500 rounds of match-grade ammunition.
• Drag bag or rifle case.
• BDUs, Boonie hat, boots, and face paint.
• Load-bearing vest with a pistol.
• Soft body armor.
• Pack with hide building equipment (veils, tacks, 550 cord, duct tape, pruning scissors, etc.).
• Rain gear highly recommended.
• Binoculars and/or spotting scope (optional)
• Eye and ear protection.
• Cleaning equipment.
Next course May 3rd-7th, 2021 hosted by the Washington County Sheriff's Office Tactical Negotiations Team.
Course tuition: $995.00